Imagine Logo is a brand new version of Logo with web integration,
powerful animation and extensive multimedia capability. A natural
progression from the ubiquitous SuperLogo, it provides an outstanding,
future-proofed, general purpose educational tool for teachers and
learners of all abilities.
There is also a companion website full of guides, hints, tips,
downloadable resources and a Project Gallery of some of our users'
best Imagine Logo work to date.
The Imagine Project Gallery has a growing section
of mathematics projects using IMAGINE LOGO.
They have been used in maths classrooms up and down the country.
They are designed to provide you with resources that you can
|Why Imagine Logo for Mathematics teachers:
- Helpful, easy to use reference
- Unique choosers, sliders and buttons
to help you create activities
- Ability to employ multiple animated
- User friendly - quick to master
- Tutorials to build 'click and
drag' programs to explore mathematical concepts and ideas.
Another new development is the ability to communicate across a
network. The unique Net Class chooser in 'direct drive mode' provides
a host of opportunities for secondary pupils to investigate networking.
Similar to most modern programming environments, Imagine Logo fully
exploits communication and collaboration technologies.
Utilizing this high-level network support, users of all ages and
abilities can create many simple yet effective network projects.
- Establish client-server connections
- Quickly recognize status of connection
and connected users
- Send messages, data and objects easily
- Easily send programs and run instructions
- Quickly process events and received
data 'Save as Exe file' feature, save any project as a full
windows .exe program.
By utilising these sophisticated but simple
to use tools pupils can undertake exciting projects like object
teleporting, distributed computing, data collecting and game
It will encourage pupils to communicate
and collaborate in the Secondary classroom.
Imagine Logo for ICT Curriculum Co-ordinators:
You can use it to:
- Communicate ideas
- Work with control
- Compose music
- Build project presentations
- Use throughout the school with
all ages and abilities.
- Teachers and pupils are supported
by the Turtle's Guide, an activity book which helps develop
core ICT skills and concepts such as:
- Creating Multimedia presentations
- Mathematical investigation
Imagine Logo makes the actual process of designing and creating
a screen based multimedia project a rich and engaging learning experience.
It promotes the development of problem solving skills, critical
thinking and the creative use of ICT and is unsurpassed at letting
your students learn through exploration and construction.
Imagine Logo is versatile enough to be used in any National Curriculum
subject. Script the behaviour of your web based or multimedia projects
with the most powerful, object-oriented Logo language ever.
- Unlimited turtles - each turtle can
carry a sophisticated animation on its back
- Parallel processes - easily create interactions
- Buttons for scripted actions - drag
and drop onto a page and easily add behaviours
- Sliders to visually play with variables
- just drag and drop onto your project page
- Many pages in a single project - each
project now contains a 'stack' of pages
- Music editor - use the drag and drop
notation editor for quickly creating melodies
- Integrated painting and drawing tools
- paint directly on the background of any page
- Voice input - control your projects
by just speaking into a microphone!
- Text to speech - add realistic speech
to any project you make, even on the web!
- Save a project for the web - save media
rich projects with all assets included - easily!
- Compile media rich projects as a full
windows .exe program for redistribution - easily!
Imagine Logo also comes with the Logomotion Animation Editor -
a powerful tool to help create a wide range of static or animated
graphic objects to include in your Imagine Logo projects or to use
on your web pages.
- Support for anti-aliasing and alpha channel transparency
- Onion skinning for creating animations
- Hot spot animations
- Full range of drawing tools - pen, pencil, felt tip, eraser
- Full range of effects - smudge, smear, colour, lighten, darken,
- Automatic generation of rotations - turn a .gif into a rotating
- Automatic transformations - resize, flip, rotate and anti-aliase
- File and animation organizer - view your images and animations
Logomotion provides excellent tools for:
- Drawing and Painting
- Writing text in any font, style, colour
and size onto graphics
- Inserting basic geometric shapes, lines,
ellipses and rectangles.
- Creating turtle animations to use in
Imagine Logo for Design & Technology Teachers:
Imagine Logo has been designed to
help you enrich project work with:
- Presentation tools
- Web based project frameworks
- Design brief frameworks
- Animation features
- Speech input and output
- Free web plug-in for publishing
your projects on the web or on your school intranet
- Web based step by step guides
on using each application
- New CommPort class which enables
the user to use serial and parallel communication ports
to connect with hardware devices.
- Allowing users to create procedures
and connect to robotics or datalogging hardware, to see
their procedure in action.
Imagine Logo and Logomotion have been
designed to provide you with advanced bitmap and animation
editing tools for coursework projects:
- Powerful tools to transform animations,
or animated films, frame by frame to create your own animated
presentation or web graphics
- Develop and modify standard Windows
icons and cursors for specific users as part of a design
- Alter or create web graphics,
to be used as background pictures, within Imagine Logo or
outside the Imagine Logo environment:
- Resize, rotate and add colour
- A powerful image editor and
animation tool with a complete range of effects and
Imagine Logo is supported and enhanced by a host of quality manuals
and beginners guides but in addition Imagine Logo also has a resources
website providing project galleries, step by step guides, hints
and tips, plug-ins and the latest
Project Gallery - A collection of projects, constantly extended
and enhanced this gallery is an ideal starting point for understanding
the capabilities of Imagine Logo and perfect for getting pupils
Step by Step Guides and Hints and Tips - A host of useful
in-depth, step by step guides that will help pupils and teachers
understand to grasp the fundamentals of Imagine Logo and offer them
a core group of skills on which to build their own projects.
Manuals and Guides - All Imagine Logo orders are supplied
with two colourful guides on how to best utilise this astonishing
tool, packed with support, advice and 'how to' guides they are priceless
collection of materials that help make Imagine Logo effective and
enthralling from the outset.
and Downloads - The
latest version of Imagine Logo is always FREELY available
for existing users ensuring you are always working with the
latest updates, often incorporated thanks to customer feedback,
in addition download the Imagine Logo plugin and begin using
the projects available on the website.