Cross-curricular software to develop examination, thinking, planning and presentation skills
The value of visual mapping techniques has long been acknowledged. What hasn’t existed until now is a single software tool that can be used to support a wide range of visual thinking techniques which will therefore suit all pupils, whatever their learning style or ability. Visual mapping facilitates the development of the independent learner. It encourages pupils to manage their own learning and contribute to collaborative work.
Why use visual thinking techniques in teaching?
- By developing organised thinkers you can raise attainment.
- All learners benefit from seeing what organised thinking looks like.
- Organised thinkers are motivated, effective and creative.
- Organised thinking is the key to successful learning.
Why should I use this in my classroom?
- Cornerstone: Visual Thinking can help individuals, groups and whole classes to learn, understand, remember and think more effectively.
- Using the software pupils are able to compare, contrast and evaluate their ideas, to hypothesise and speculate.
Assessment for learning means using evidence and dialogue to identify where pupils are in their learning, where they need to go next and how best to get there. By using Cornerstone: Visual Thinking schools can optimise assessment for learning by making thinking visible.
- Cornerstone Visual Thinking is ideal for collaborative use on an interactive whiteboard, especially using the presenter mode, which allows a map to be discussed and demonstrated.
- The software comes with a wealth of templates, including concept maps, mind maps, webs, trees, priority grids, critical path models, ladder models, bridge maps, flowscape models, force field analyses, ranking orders, timelines and many others.
- Mapping, Outline and Presenter views give complete control and flexibility
- Tile-print maps to very large sizes for displays. You can print any map across any number of pages. The crop marks are printed on each page, and you just need scissors and glue to reassemble the pages into a single sheet as big as you could ever need.
- Supported by speech and also categorised keywords symbols
- Includes a range of Templates linked to the curriculum, to business and to life
- Export your map to PDF, Picture, Word, Powerpoint or HTML for sharing
- Ideal for planning personalised learning and collaborative learning